About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'll give this a try

First off I would like to welcome myself to the extracurricular activity of Blogging. I am excited to be here but I will be honest there are NO guarantees this will be a constant thing, but I will at least give it a try. I am home once again for Christmas and per usual its only a 4 day break. I was very lucky this year as my mom drove me home after our game on Sunday so I didn't have to drive myself. I also was able to go cheer on my old high school on Monday night although I think I spent most of the game walking around talking to people instead of watching the game. I got to see alot of people that mean so much to me that I do not get to see that often. At the top of that list is my high school coach who still coaches at Kickapoo and is my inspiration every time I step onto the basketball court. You see when I was a Junior she had a beautiful baby boy who spent his first few months of his live in the St. Louis Hospital due to heart problems. But now he is doing great and is an absolute genius that he makes me look stupid. The problems in her life didnt end with Drew though. About 2 years ago she gave birth to another baby boy Levi, who is perfectly healthy as well as the cutest thing ever but then only a few months later she was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, since then it has moved to her Ovaries and various other locations. But she is a fighter and at her last doctor visit the tumors had shrunk by 40%!! I have never met someone who I look up to or admire more than her. She lives her life by the words of Jimmy V, "Don't give up, Don't ever give up!"

Aside from that I have gotten to see some old friends, relive some old memories, throw back a few to many drinks, and spend some quality time with my family for the holidays. To bad I am heading back north on Christmas night to continue on with the dream I call Life...

No comments: