About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday Fun Day

All weekend I was checking the weather for today, to see if I would be able to enjoy the outdoors or have to stay inside. The forecast called for overcast, cold, and a chance of snow flurries. Well weather man, you tried to ruin my birthday but it didn't work. I woke up this morning to the sunlight beaming in through my window. I went outside to to a beautiful sun shining down and not a cloud in the sky. 
I thank her for that.

I enjoyed my free coffee at Starbucks and caught up on my internet addictions. From ESPN to CNN, to Twitter and Facebook. Which reminds me, I never knew I had that many friends that cared to write on my Facebook wall for my birthday, I am very honored. 
I thank you all for that. 

I did some office work and I ran my typical errands; Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, DSW, (you get the idea). I was pleasantly surprised with myself when I spent a combined 20 dollars at all those places.
  I thank my inner self control for that. 

With Valentine's Day, I have seen numerous commercials for those "edible arrangements" and I always thought they looked delicious. Well to my surprise there was one delivered to my apartment this afternoon. As you can see below it looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to dig into it. 
I thank my Mom for that. 

Finally, I stumbled upon this breath taking view this evening. With the sun setting, still not a cloud in the sky and most of the snow on the beach melted away, it was absolutely beautiful. Watching the sun fall into the horizon, the waves of the ocean gently roll into the beach, and the birds quietly chirping away, there was a moment I knew I wasn't alone. My family, my friends, they were there, in my heart they were there. There was also someone else, with what felt like a hand on my shoulder, saying Happy Birthday and letting me know she was doing well. 
I thank God for that...

No comments: