About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Monday, November 9, 2009

Writers Block...

I know what you are thinking, "She said she would update twice a week and its almost been two weeks and nothing". I am sorry for this, I have been distracted, busy and also suffered from writers block in there a few times as well. There was about 3 instances I sat down to update and just didn't know what to write about but I am ready to talk now...
Lets see since the last time I updated we had just lost a close game at Hamar and I was coming down with a cold. Well I ended up going to the doctor and being diagnosed with a sinus infection and sent home with some antibiotics. This was a relief to my Coach who was worried I might have come down with the swine flu. Thankfully before I left to come here I took the 10 pill tamiflu vaccination that I had saved from my college days. So hopefully this means I am clear of the swine flu which is going around over here just like it is back home. Because I was sick I spent that weekend curled up in my bed or on my couch just watching movies and recovering. I finally started to feel better by Monday and by Tuesday all I had was a slight cough.
Every week day I have been going to the restaurant I mentioned in my last blog, and so far so good. Although I have no idea what I am eating because it changes everyday and I have yet to find the sign that says what the special of the day is. Honestly I don't think there is a sign so I gave up on trying to figure it out. One day last week I had a very delicious casserole at the restaurant but no idea what it was or what was in it. I also attempted to try some fish one day and after about 10 bites I decided I really didn't like it, but hey at least I gave it a try. Today was a fish day at the restaurant as well but this time I decided to just stick with the soup and salad. Also last week I found the tanning beds here and bought a package. I was impressed to find out that they have some really nice tanning beds, like the huge ones that have air conditioning in them. Lets just say I think I came out ahead in the deal as far as price compared to those beds back home, so I was definitely pretty pumped about this. I have gone 3 times so far and my teammates are already jealous of my tan. Some where in my life I have acquired the ability to tan easy, which is definitely coming in handy.
On Wednesday we had a home game against Valur and if you would look at the stats after the game you would ask how did we win, as we were out rebounded by almost 20 and turned the ball over about 25 times but still won by about 15 points. I had a triple double for the game with 36 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. With the win we are now in third place in the league and still a lot of games to be played.
On Thursday my Coach had 4 tickets to the Premier of 2012, so a couple teammates and myself went and saw the movie. Funny story about this was about halfway through the movie the lights come on and everybody grabbed there jackets and headed out of the theater room. I was confused as this has never happened to me in a movie. My first thought when the lights came on was that there was something wrong with the movie film and they needed to fix it, but when every got up I immediately thought that the movie was over. Since it was a premier and the movie doesn't officially come out till later, I wondered it we only got to watch half of it. But I soon realized that this was just intermission and the movie started back up about 15 minutes later. And in the end I thought the movie was pretty decent, although there were some definite unrealistic parts.
Other than all of that I have just been staying busy with whatever I can find to do. I have gotten on a new schedule where I actually get up before noon here which has been nice. I try and get up around 11 and I go workout, after that I go have lunch at the restaurant, I then run any errands I have, then take a nap before I head to practice. With day light savings time back home I went from being 5 hours ahead of central time to 6 hours, which I am trying to adjust to a little. It doesn't really affect my sleep habits but mainly just the ability to keep in contact with friends back home.
I have one final story that happened last week that was pretty funny. I was doing laundry at the gym like I always do. I had quite of bit of laundry on this day because I decided since I had been sick to wash my sheets and stuff like that, so I needed to do two loads of laundry instead of just one. Well there are two washers at the gym and although I have only used one I figured I could use the other one as well and it couldn't be to hard to figure out. Well unfortunately I was wrong because after an hour and half my clothes were still inside the washer, just sitting there and the door was locked. So I decided I would just turn the washer off and let it sit for a few minutes and hopefully it would give me back my clothes. When I came back in the laundry room the washer had finally unlocked the door but the problem now was that there was water all over the floor. I had some how just flooded the laundry room. So I close the door and start looking for any towels I could find to clean up the mess. My other load of laundry was done and in the dryer so I decided to throw the clothes that had been held hostage in the other washer along with all the towels I had just used and just rewashed them. Finally after about 4 hours, a flooded laundry room, and a few trips back and forth to the gym, all my laundry was clean and dry, what a relief. And come to find out when I went to do my laundry yesterday, the one washer is out of order. So I have come to the conclusion that it really wasn't my fault and that the washer was indeed broke.
Well I think that is all for now. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to share with you this time, hopefully next time I update I will have more. And until then I hope you have a great week and take care!

Highlighted my hair..

Sunday Nachos..

Beautiful view...

1 comment:

Telma Björk said...

mmmmm nachos look good! I realize you really need to make me some of that nice lookin food your always making :D -tanmaster aka floater