About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Monday, December 14, 2009

I got my bags packed..

The countdown is down to 65 hours, less than 3 days, and about 3,900 minutes! My bags are packed and waiting by the door. Before I leave I do have some unfinished business to take care of. We have a game on Wednesday against Hamar. A team we lost to over a month ago by 1 on a last second play. So it's going to be a pretty tough game and would be nice to get a win before the Holiday break!
I had a pretty fun and exciting weekend, starting with the All-Star game on Saturday. The game was at 1pm and all the Americans that were playing in the game were joking that it was only like 7am back home, so it was too early to play haha. Even with the earliness of the game, we still had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the team I was on and I think we all had fun playing with each other! During half time of the game was a 3-point contest. Unfortunately after I had a great first round (16 out of 20), my second round of the contest wasn't so great, Oh well! During the second half of the All-Star I tried to make it a little more fun by attempting behind the back passes and such. Thank goodness my team had about a 20 point lead so when some of those passes didn't work out to well it wasn't a big deal. In the end, my team won 103-85 and I was awarded the MVP with 29 points, 13 boards and 10 assists. After the game I was informed that the person who makes the basket to break the 100 point mark is suppose to by a case for the team. Well I was that person who hit this basket and although I was all for buying the case they said I didn't have to since it was the All-Star game. I guess I lucked out even though I totally would have done it!
After the All-Star game I stayed around the gym to watch the Men's game before heading home to get a much needed nap before the evening festivities. Most of the American players got together on Saturday night and had a semi American party to celebrate the all-star weekend as well as our last weekend in Iceland before heading home for the Holidays! Needless to say it was a good thing we had Sunday off!
As for this week I am just trying to get everything taken care of before I leave on Thursday. Like I said I have my bags packed and everything like that. But I have a few other things to get done before I leave. Like I need to eat or get rid of some of the food in my fridge as I can't leave it in there for 3 weeks without it going bad. I also need to catch up on all my laundry so I don't leave any dirty clothes behind. Good news is my new Visa came in the mail so I don't have to worry about that anymore! Other than those things just a few little things here and there I need to get done that will hopefully allow the 65 hours to pass by faster! I am not sure when the next time I will update. I will try to get one in while I am home for the holidays but if not it won't be till January so have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

All Star Game
Winning team..
MVP
3-point Contest
Saturday night..

No comments: