About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Friday, December 11, 2009

5 hours of daylight...

Well its 1:30 here in Iceland and due to the 50MPH gusts of wind outside I have choose to remain indoors today. Probably a good idea considering when I went to work out earlier I can honestly say without any exaggeration that the wind picked me up and moved me a little. It looked like a scene straight out of Winnie the Pooh, old school ones of course, and I think the exact name of the episode was the Blustery Day. Aside from that the days are getting much shorter here. I think the sun came up at 11:10am today and will set at approximately 3:30pm. Oh well I guess it could be worse and there could be no daylight at all.
This past week has been a pretty busy one, which has been nice as it has flown by for me! I spend the beginning of the week doing some Christmas shopping. Both Monday and Tuesday one of my teammates and I spent the days walking the malls and the main shopping street of downtown Reykjavik. I knocked out a big chunk of my list with many authentic Icelandic things, hopefully they will be big hits! On Wednesday we had a game in Stykkisholmur which is about 3 hours north of where I live. I am pretty sure we were in the backyard of Santa Clause but I didn't have any luck finding him. The good news is we found a win there which is what we wanted! I was one steal away from having a triple double as I finished the game with 32 points, 16 rebounds, 9 steals, and 5 assists. I think the 16 rebounds might be a career high for me, considering I never have been much of a rebounder until now.
This weekend is the men's and women's All-Star games along with a 3-point contest and a few other fun things. I was choose to participate in both the All-Star game and the 3-point contest, so I am looking forward to that and think it will be a fun weekend. It's also my last weekend until I go home for Christmas Break so that makes it exciting as well.
In 6 days almost to the hour I will be heading back to the States, although it will be 7 days when I actually get home to Springfield. And like the last time I wrote I am really looking forward to it. I did some serious packing yesterday and aside from the few things I have left to throw in the last minute I have practically everything I need packed.
Well I think that is all for now, just wanted to give a quick update. Until next time have a great weekend and take care!

Game against Snaefell..
Team Picture
Game against Snaefell..

No comments: