About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Cherish the Moment"

I miss college. I miss living in a college town and I miss playing basketball at Iowa State. The friends I made are some I know will be part of my life forever. My teammates, who are more like my sisters will always be a phone call away. The other day I was thinking about all the memories I made, the nights in hotel rooms, study hall hours, bus trips, plane rides, inside jokes, etc. I will cherish those memories forever. 


When I was playing Coach Fennelly always told us to cherish every moment we got with our teammates, every game in Hilton with the best fans in the country, every chance we got to represent Iowa State University. He told us this cause he has seen it happen so many times, how fast your 4 years fly by and how much you miss it. No matter how many times he told us, no matter how hard I tried, I will always miss it. I will always wish for just one more chance, to put the Iowa State #15 jersey on and walk out of the locker room at Hilton with those teammates. To hear one more pregame speech, to put my hand over my heart for another National Anthem, and to leave everything I had on the court at Hilton. 


I text often with my former teammates and never once do we not talk about some memory from college. On multiple occasions I will text or get a text from a teammate who just watched a highlight video, or a game. At the end of every conversation we always say, "I'd give anything to be back in college playing together". Unfortunately its something we can never do again, but something we will always have are the memories. I always say that someone should write a book about our years in college, but the only problem is half the book would be inside jokes that no one else would understand. But thats the best part, those memories off the court, in the lockerroom that we shared together.. those are the ones I will Cherish!


“Time is a companion who reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again .”


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave us a lot of good memories , Heather. Not only do you cherish them, but we do too!!!

Unknown said...

We have a #15 Jersey you can put on the next time you visit ;o) Miss you and know you are 'Living the Dream' at Fairfield. Good luck tonight against Loyola. Go Stags!