About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Friday, January 14, 2011

Everything's Nothing

It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West
It was hard for me to write today, nothing popped into my mind that I could put to paper or a computer screen. Not that I want to be a writer, but I enjoy blogging. And I know if I skip one day, it will soon turn into two days then five and so forth. In turn this New Years Resolution would be flushed down the toilet like 80% of many others. So I am pushing through and writing. About nothing, about everything, about whatever pops into my head at this moment in time. Which currently is, Baby Giraffes. This past summer I went to the Zoo in hopes to see a baby Giraffe. (Side not: I had heard a commercial about the zoo having baby animals. In the same commercial they talked about Saturday being Feed the Giraffe day at the Zoo.) So somewhere in my mass chaos head I put together baby animals and giraffes. So I traveled down to the Zoo on a lovely Saturday afternoon to see this little gift from God to Nature. I was SO excited only to find out there wasn't a baby Giraffe, nor was there Hippos but that's not the point. I did get to feed an adult Giraffe, a piece of lettuce. Talk about exhilarating, have you ever seen a Giraffe's tongue? WOW. So to make a long story short, one of my new favorite animals is a baby giraffe.


"iLive, iLaugh, iLove"

No comments: