About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It happened...

It finally happened, I let 3 days go by without blogging. How could I let this happen. Ah yes I now remember, it was the lack of down time combined with 70 degree weather. On Monday we traveled down to Raleigh, North Carolina to play a make up game against NC State. We left 20 degree weather and arrived to NC for 60 degree weather. It was absolutely beautiful and I didn't want to leave. Although the outcome of the game didn't go our way it was a great experience for our players (and even for me, yes I still act like a college kid sometimes). To play on Kay Yow's court and be inside that building that is full of tradition was a great experience. The day of the game it was about 50 degrees out and I put in a lovely run outside in downtown Raleigh. It was the best run I have had in awhile, mainly because I got to run outside. The one thing I learned from this trip was today, when we flew back to CT and then practiced a few hours after we got back... I am not as young as I use to be and flying and trying to practice on the same day don't work well with my body. Especially my hips and knees, I needed an ice bath more than our players did after practice. And with that, its time for another round of icing and some tylenol pm.
Killing time in the airport

Kay Yow Court

No comments: