About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Monday, September 28, 2009

Manic Mondays...

Its a beautiful Monday here in Iceland, about 45 degrees and the sun is shining. This is a nice day here, yes I said 45 degrees is nice! Today has been a a busy day so far. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and decided since I was awake I would send some emails out to figure out the status of some of my things here in Iceland. By 11 I got a phone call that my car was ready and someone would be by soon to pick me up to take me to it. I got a nice VW car, its a standard and they were surprised when I told them that I knew how to drive it. Once I got my car I made a trip to the bank and got my account set up as well as exchanged some money. I felt like such an idiot and a tourist cause I had to ask the people i was talking to if they spoke English, I am sure they hated me. After that I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things. Well actually a few things turned into a lot of things, and a cart full later I had spent $60. Oh well at least I have food in my apartment now. We had practice this evening at 6pm, and after practice I went with a couple of my teammates to the fitness center across the street and sat in the hot tubs.. it felt amazing and I think my body appreciates it. I then went home, one of my teammates gave me a new TV, it was much bigger than the first one I got and I am pretty pumped about. I got it all set up this evening and went to turn it on with the remote (which is the only way it will turn on) and the batteries were dead, guess I will have to get some new ones before I will get to enjoy the big screen. I cooked myself dinner tonight, spaghetti with some garlic bread. It was delicious although it needed some salt which was something I didn't find or get at the store, oh well I still enjoyed it. We have a game tomorrow so I am getting ready to head to bed. I will update you after the game and let you know how we did.. until then have a great day and take care!
That's my car! A VW Polo, pretty sweet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather,

Allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Jim and I am studying journalism at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, Canada.

I am also a big fan of Iceland after visiting the country for a little while in 2007. Ever since that visit, I've been keeping a close tab on the place.

A few days ago I came across your blog via Twitter. I was fascinated to see such an interesting country choice to go play basketball in.

Immediately my journalist "spidey-sense" went into action.

Therefore, I would like to know if you'd be interested in being interviewed (via Skype for about 20 minutes) about your journey to Iceland and how your first few days have been.

It would be for a class assignment and if it comes out well, I would like to publish it elsewhere.

You can find out a lot of information about who I am online. I blog (http://www.jimsaunders.info/blog/) and have an online resume with introduction (http://www.jimsaunders.info/).

I'm actually British and lived in South Korea for three years before coming to Canada to study journalism.

As a side note, I was in St Louis just last month visiting friends. I was on Summer break from school and traveled all the way down to Key West. My friends live in the Soulard area of the city (close to the Budweiser factory) and we also saw a Cardinals game. Wonderful view of the Arch from the ground!

Well, please let me know if you're good to go with the interview. Then we can hammer out the details.

Thank you so much for considering this and keep up the blogging. You have a fan here!

Regards,

Jim Saunders
(jsaund23@uwo.ca)

Zibbit said...

Hope you keep blogging. Nice to read your thoughts about Iceland and the games. Good game tonight but a little rough, you'll have to carry the team it seems. The team lost two keyp players from championship team last year.

Don't worry about people speaking English....everybody speaks it....just some with a little hard accent!