About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Short and Sweet

40 game minutes (which equals about 90 real time minutes) later my legs want to murder me. I better sleep with one eye open tonight, seriously I am not kidding. Ok you're right I doubt my legs are going to detach from my body and strangle me but rest assured if they could they would. I played the whole game tonight, which isn't a big deal typically. But the team we played full court pressed the whole game and usually had 2 and half girls guarding me. Its part of the game though and its what I love about it. But I do hate to lose, which is what happened tonight. People told me I had a good game but we will lost and I take blame, I always will. In the end we lost by 11, we didn't play the best and I know we can play better. Practice tomorrow we have to come ready to go, ready to learn and ready to improve.
On another note its starting to get colder here, I am not sure if I packed enough sweatshirts. Hopefully people do not make fun of me when they see me wearing the same things every other day. Oh well they already look at me weird, I am getting use to it. I was really excited to find out the team has a "Gun" the shooting machine! I went in this morning and was able to shoot on it, will probably try and do it everyday. I better warn my arms and shoulders now, or they could be in the same boat at my legs. Don't worry I am treating my body to a hot tub tomorrow before practice. And tonight after the game a "treated" them to an ice bath. How can they be that mad at me?
Well like the title says this is going to be short and sweet, so I am ending it here. Not sure how many readers I have but you have any questions just ask I will try and answer them in my future posts!

Until next time.. have a great day and take care!

4 comments:

Zibbit said...

I can believe you are tired after tha game! Full 40 minutes + getting pressed and you had most of the offensive load plus some coast2coasts!

Good game by you although I understand you'd prefer the win. Already a fan of your game, your spin move (wasn't it and-1) was nice and you obviously have a great shooting stroke!

It's still basically late pre-season so the team and the play will get better definately. Having said that, what is your first impression of the level of basketball here in Iceland? Also what were your expectations? Did you come here to improve as a player or to have a life experience in a "somewhat" different country?

Best of luck!

Kiley said...

The trainer in me is proud of you and your ice bathing efforts after practices.. after I read your last blog I almost lectured you on hot tubing after a game.. but you made up for it in this one. Hope your legs don't strangle you, I'm sure they were thrilled about the ice bath. Hang in there and good luck on the next game!

Unknown said...

As an IA State fan, I enjoy your blog posts. Keep up the hard work - you will do well. After watching you at Hilton I know you won't give up easily.

Heather said...

In response to Ingvar: So far I have enjoyed the basketball in Iceland, its different than the United States, but I am always up for new experiences. I didn't really know what to expect before coming. I knew it would be a learning experience which it has been and something I have enjoyed so far. The main reason I came to Iceland was just because I wanted to keep playing basketball. I would have played anywhere that would have taken me, and I can say I have been pleased so far with coming here. Thanks for your comment!