About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Friday, October 2, 2009

Roadtrips...

I am currently sitting in a computer lab of a school in the town of Stykkishólmur, Iceland. This is where we are staying the night. We drove to this town this afternoon for a game that started at 7:15.. it was a 3 hour bus trip and we arrived at about 6:45. Give us 15 minutes to change and then 15 minutes to warmup, lets just say I was a little rusty when the game started. After the game we showered at the gym, then hurried to the local pizza place before it closed. I was skeptical of the name "3 fish" but like you always hear don´t judge a book by its cover.. The pizza was delicious. Along with the pizza they served fries, I have noticed fries are a big side here, and are served with most meals. I am not really complaining as at least it is something I like. Which brings me to another story, last night my Coach invited me to dinner at his families house, he said his wife will be cooking an Icelandic dish. I was excited to try some Icelandic food, that was until he told me what it was. Lamb liver and kidneys... hmm good thing his wife cooked a plan B of chicken and pasta, which was very good.
So anyways we have practice in the morning and then we play another game in the afternoon before we head back home. I can already tell I will be exhausted by Saturday evening and hoping that we will have Sunday off to relax.
Before we left town today, I did a little exploring around the city I live in. I first went to the bank and picked up my debit card, which was a relief to finally get that, as I had been paying in cash for everything so far. Lets just say it sometimes took me awhile to count out the exact amount for what I am paying for and probably getting on the cashiers nerves, as well as the other people in line. After that I went to the grocery store, a different one then I went to the other day due to the fact I got some ads in the mail for this one and wanted to check it out. I bought a couple things but will return there again shortly to make a bigger purchase. After that I just drove around exploring a little and finding out where things were exactly. I found the subway, a big relief, as well as the mexican joint called Serrano. Both will visited frequently during my stay here. After all of that and surprisingly not getting lost I headed back home to eat some lunch before we left town.
All in all I think it has been a pretty successful day as well as a new experience. I can only hope I have the same luck tonight when I try and sleep, as I sometimes struggle with sleeping in new places. Good thing I packed some tylenol PM and made a good playlist on my Ipod before I left. So with that I am off to bed... Until next time have a great day and take care!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Noticed someone has your birth year wrong, either IA State or your Iceland team. You aged quickly!!! Also, do you now have dual citizenship as your new team has you listed as an Icelandic citizen. Keeping up the good work.