About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A new week

Nothing better than a relaxing Sunday and I took full advantage of it. Slept in a little this morning and then went and watched the Championship Game of the Powerade cup. Really wished we would have been playing in the game, but we weren't so I figured I would at least go watch it. KR won the game, which is who we play in our upcoming game so it was nice to do a little scouting on them while I watched. After watching I was more than looking forward to playing them on Sunday, it should be a tough game. I headed back home after the game, only to leave again to run a few "errands", and when I say errands I really mean pointless shopping at stores that I received ads from in the mail. I first visited the Europris, which reminded me of a Walgreens, it had a little bit of everything. I regretted not looking around more inside the store but I was in a little bit of a hurry, I wanted to hit all the stores on my list before they closed. I ended up purchases a case of Coca-Cola (a much needed purchase) and some pizza pans for my oven... also much needed! After the Europris I went next door to the Video rental place, that also serves food. I was craving a cheeseburger which is there specialty, so that is what I got with french fries and a coke. Also included is there special sauce they use to dip fries in, which i have become a big fan of. Its a mix of ketchup and mayo and I will have to admit is delicious. After Europris I hit up Kronan one of the grocery stores here. I received an ad in the mail for them earlier in the week and wanted to check it out. I bought a few things and then next visited the other grocery store called Bonus where i finished up the last of my grocery shopping. That was it for the errands of the day and I headed home where I spent the rest of the evening watching and listening to different sport games on the Internet. I was happy to see both Manning brothers win and disappointed the Cards lost in extra innings. Thank goodness for the Internet and ESPN.com so I can keep up with all my teams.
As far as this week, we don't play again till Sunday so we will just practice all week. We don't practice until 6pm in the evening so I am hoping to do some more exploring during the day time. I want to hit up the sports store in Reykjavik, as well as the mall. I might even end up having lunch at the TGI Fridays that looks delicious every time I drive by it.. I always told myself I would never be that person that goes to a restaurant by themselves but I will do it and be perfectly ok with it.
I am going to leave you with a couple interesting fun facts about Iceland.. Most of their intersections are round-a-bouts, which I have always liked the idea of but never thought they were most safe, but I am getting use to them, and quickly.. The few stoplights they do have are not unusual except for the fact they use the yellow light for both when the light is about to turn red as well as when its about to turn green... And lastly, they have a Restaurant called American Style, which I have yet to eat it. Every time I see it and think about it reminds me of my college days when we would go to dinner at Outback and ask Aus if it made her feel like she was at home. She always answered with a big NO, which I have a feeling will be my reaction when I go to eat at American Style, but we will see..
Well that is all for now, until next time have a great week and take care!Drive home from the weekend roadtrip, we stopped for pictures

1 comment:

Zibbit said...

Kokteilsósa FTW !!!!