About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family...


I love my family. My parents, my brother, my grandparents and my extended family. I also love my Iowa State family. I enjoyed every day, every minute, every second of my time at Iowa State and if I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I would. In a heart beat I would do it all again and not change a thing. Like I mentioned in a previous post we were a "Family", the players, the coaches, our families, and of course the fans. We were all a Family (a group of people who share common beliefs and/or activities). My teammates were like my sisters, we had each others back. We stuck together through thick and thin, through the fun times and most importantly through the rough ones. It was the Iowa State family that I loved just as much as my own. It was the Iowa State family that I loved being a part of for 4 years and will continue to be a part of for the rest of my life. Like we have always said, "Once a Cyclones, Always a Cyclone".

I am amazed at how the word "Family" can be deceived to a negative term. I am amazed how people in society will find any reason, any excuse, for people to feel sorry for them. For people to think they have been mistreated. And for people to make comments from behind closed door and not show their face. Stand up for yourself and what you believe in. If you have something to say come out and say it, stop hiding behind anonymous.

Family: Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.

Family: A group of people who are generally not blood relations but who share common attitudes, interests, and/or goals.

Enough said.....

2 comments:

Robert said...

Wow. Simply Wow.

Penny Jo Rosenthal said...

You added so much to our family at ISU! It was a privilege to have you here for four years and is a joy to watch you continue to live the dream!

Well said Heather!!