About Me

My photo
iLive, iLove, iBlog... All over the world.______________________ “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Running...


My new past time is running. Like I mentioned earlier, who would have thought, me, running, by choice, but I am! I have found a new desire for it, a new enjoyment from it, and a new perspective about it. Its not only a chance to relax, let off the stress of the days work but a chance to think over the day. I especially like to run when I am stressed, when I need to blow off steam. I sometimes talk to myself while I run which I am sure scares the people next to me. But who am I to care, out here on the East Coast nobody knows me :)! Running has also been relaxing to me, which I never thought would be possible. It calms me down, I have tried to make a routine of going to the gym and putting in a couple miles at night. It makes it easier to go to sleep at night, clears my mind.
If only I would have had this mindset in college, ya know during preseason, when running was the last thing I wanted to do. When the 5:30 am alarm went off and I dreaded the look of my running shoes and the smell of the indoor track. Now I like it, well not so much the smell but the look of an open trail, an empty treadmill or during the summer an untouched sandy beach. I can't wait for spring to get here when I can start running outside again, especially running on the beach, definitely one of my favorites. I would like to run a half marathon sometime in the near future. I don't think I am even close to ready for it but maybe after a few more dates with the treadmill I will be ready. That is if this new past time doesn't wear off.

No comments: